2020 WSCUC ACADEMIC RESOURCE CONFERENCE SAVE THE DATE and CALL FOR PROPOSALS
WASC Senior College and University Commission is very pleased to announce the 2020 Academic Resource Conference, to be held April 22 – 24, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Orange County in Garden Grove, CA.
WSCUC will continue the tradition of prior ARC gatherings by foregrounding ideas and practices that represent the diversity of institutions and the many approaches to higher education in our region. As such, we encourage you to collaborate with colleagues at schools, colleges, and organizations across the entire higher education landscape as you consider how you want to participate. #2020ARC will feature sessions that confront problems, challenge assumptions, and will see solutions that advance interpretation of experience and enhance practice.
We are also at work building a conference theme that reflects the needs and interests of WSCUC institutions and is responsive to ARC attendees and will announce the #2020ARC theme in the fall.
Take time over the summer to work on ideas with colleagues and prepare your proposal and share your ideas on Twitter(@wascsenior)and LinkedIn and use the hashtag #2020ARC.
Comments? Ideas? Questions? Drop a line to David Chase at email@example.com.
Start developing your ideas now – submissions will open on Thursday, August 15, 2019 and proposals will be due by Tuesday October 15, 2019.
As you develop proposals, consider the following topical areas as guides:
- Learning, Teaching, and Experiencing: how are we best engaging students in learning experiences and content?
- Enhancing Educational Effectiveness: are results from assessment, program review, and planning creating positive change?
- Improving Equity, Access, and Inclusion: are we making a difference and creating meaningful learning environments?
- Data, Analysis, and Action: how are information and practice reinforcing knowledge and producing action that improves institutional performance and student achievement?
- Leadership for Learning: are resources, people, and culture aligned with mission and with quality and improvement?